Interpersonal Communication (including Listening Skills)
More than 80% of people who fail at their jobs, do so because of poor interpersonal communication. Clear communication and effective listening improve productivity and efficiency while fostering higher morale. Participants will gain insight into human behavior and motivation, learn how to deal with difficult people and situations, and become aware of how to improve their listening efficiency.
addresses the following:
- Understanding Your Own and Others’ Behavior–using the Personal Profile System®, attendees will identify their personality tendencies and learn to recognize others’ tendencies as well
- Practicing the Golden Rule (Rethought)–superb interpersonal skills are based on re-thinking the Golden Rule–doing unto others as they would have done unto themselves
- Active and Empathetic Listening–listening assessment and methods for improving these skills
- Assertiveness Skills–learning a win-win communication approach that reduces conflict and allows for “agreeable disagreements”
- Dealing With Difficult People/Situations–skills for handling especially difficult situations on the job.
- Game Plan–developing goals to activate and reinforce the training
Recommended course length: One
or two days.
To discuss more specific training needs,
please contact us or fill
out our online information form.